All student injured in a chemical fire at Merrol Hyde Magnet School in Hendersonville are expected to be released from the hospital by or before Wednesday at 4pm.
Principal Darren Frank confirmed that eight high school students and one science teacher were injured.
Hendersonville Fire Chief Scotty Bush said all of the injured should be released from the hospitals soon, if not already, at a 4 p.m. news conference.
According to Bush the fire was caused by some type of chemical experiment inside a science lab for high school students. They do not believe what happened was intentional but an accident.
It seems the students were holding different types of salts over a bunsen burner and demonstrating how flames change colors.
[amazon_link asins=’B000EFQCKI,B00https://hendersonvilleonline.comPB8FX2,B000KKLUEU,B06W5FSCYG,B004IA7NPS,B00F5CKJJU,B005https://hendersonvilleonline.comTPJKG,B000VBGG5Q,B0https://hendersonvilleonline.comLTICQYE’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’shopamazon068-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7ded53ea-54https://hendersonvilleonline.com2-https://hendersonvilleonline.comhttps://hendersonvilleonline.come8-8add-6https://hendersonvilleonline.comeb3https://hendersonvilleonline.com85cccd’]